1. Magic JohnsonDiagnosed in 1991, his story was one that hit home for many Americans. He showed the world this wasn't just a "gay" problem and that it needed to be addressed as quickly as possible.
2. Greg LouganisDiagnosed in 1988, he has been an outspoken ambassador for HIV and AIDS awareness.
3. Viktor LunaThe fashion designer was first diagnosed in 2006, but did not go public with the diagnosis until 2013.
4. Jim J. BullockFirst diagnosed in 1985, he has now lived for 30 years with HIV.
5. Jerry HermanThe Broadway composer (who wrote the score for "Hello, Dolly!") was also diagnosed in 1985. He likes being an example to show that people can live a long life with the disease.
The "Who's the Boss" star was diagnosed in 2003. He claims he caught HIV orally.
6. Danny Pintauro
7. Andy BellThe Erasure frontman was diagnosed in 1995.
8. Chuck PanozzoThe Styx bassist was diagnosed in 1991. He still tours with the band and doesn't miss a show.
9. Andrew SullivanThe blogger was diagnosed in 1996. He has been an advocate for the HIV community.
10. Holly JohnsonThe singer was diagnosed in 1991. He says that he has lost many friends to the disease, so his life is a testament to their memory.